To add an event, please submit all materials at least two (2) weeks in advance.
(This free public service is for non-profit organizations and groups only.)
Do you have good books you no longer need? Bring them to the Chambersburg Mall on Saturday, March 4, from 9AM to 1PM—the last Book Drop-Off Days for this year’s Friends of Legal Services Book Sale. Follow the signs to the drop-off site entrance and volunteers will be happy to receive your books.
The group gladly accepts new and used books of all types in good condition, plus CDs, audio books, DVDs, sheet music, puzzles, and board games, but not encyclopedias, textbooks, or phonograph records. All proceeds help provide legal services in civil cases to low-income families in our area.
And mark your calendars now for the sale itself: from Friday, May 19 through Sunday, May 21, at the Chambersburg Mall.
* Palm Sunday, Sunday, April 2, will include a 9 a.m. service at Mount Moriah Lutheran Church, 15116 Foxville Church Road, Sabillasville, Md., and a 11 a.m. service at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 13025 Greensburg Road, Smithsburg, followed by an Easter egg hunt and a meal.
* A Passover Remembrance and Stripping of the Altar which includes a meal, will be Maundy Thursday, April 6, at 6 p.m. at Mount Moriah Lutheran Church, 15116 Foxville Church Road, Sabillasville.
* Good Friday will be observed Friday, April 7, at 7 p.m., at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 13025 Greensburg Road, Smithsburg.
* Easter Sunday will be celebrated Sunday, April 9 with a Sunrise service at 6:30 a.m., at Mount Moriah Lutheran Church, 15116 Foxville Church Road, Sabillasville, followed by breakfast.
* Easter Holy Communion Services will be held 9 a.m., at Mount Moriah Lutheran Church, 15116 Foxville Church Road, Sabillasville, and at 11 a.m., at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 13025 Greensburg Road, Smithsburg.
820 Florida Avenue, Hagerstown, MD
Wednesday, April 26 5-8 pm $10 preview fee
Thursday, April 2 7 10-8
Friday, April 28 10-8
Saturday, April 29 9-2 $5 a bag
We are still accepting gently used paperbacks, hardbacks, DVDs, puzzles.
Please, no encyclopedias, medical publications older than 5 years, magazines,
Last day for donations is Friday, March 31, 2023. After this date, the book shed will not be available; books left outside will not be considered as useful donations.
All proceeds benefit scholarships for local women pursuing college/university degrees
Join The Tide® ministry in taking God's Word to unreached locations through your participation in the Race to Share the Gospel Around the World virtual challenge.
This year's event will benefit the expansion of new languages for our Middle East children's program. It is designed for families, friends, and groups of any size to participate in making an eternal impact in the lives of millions around the world.
Visit thetide.org/race for more details about the challenge or to become a business or youth group sponsor.